Ads 468x60px

Monday 19 September 2011

Injured Capirossi a doubt for Japan

Aragon MotorLand race Pramac review

The Pramac Racing rider dislocated his right shoulder in a crash during the Gran Premio de Aragón on Sunday. His Pramac Racing team-mate Randy de Puniet finished 12th.

A disappointing end to the Gran Premio de Aragón with a crash and DNF for Loris Capirossi on Sunday was compounded by the news that the Italian rider dislocated his right shoulder in the incident.

Attempting to overtake Toni Elías at Turn 14 on lap 15 the Pramac Racing rider caught the back of the Spaniard’s LCR Honda bike and took a heavy fall, also sustaining a concussion and contusion on his elbow.

“There’s little to say. I crashed on my ‘famous’ right shoulder and suffered another dislocation as a result,” said Capirossi, who injured the same shoulder in a crash at Assen earlier in the season. “It hurts a lot, even with the pain-killer I received. After the Misano race, I wanted to try to at least finish the race, but instead things went like they did. At this point, my presence in Japan is in serious doubt, but I still hope to recover in time.”

On the other side of the Pramac Racing box Randy de Puniet was left dissatisfied with 12th place after what had been a promising weekend.

“Once again I have to say that I’m disappointed after a race. I could have been in the top five or six positions, but instead I finished the race in 12th place,” said De Puniet, who was forced to run off track and avoid Karel Abraham who crashed in the first turn on the opening lap.

“When Abraham crashed, I couldn’t do anything but go off, and after that I was able to make up a lot of seconds and some positions. I had almost caught the group in front and was pushing really hard when I made a mistake and lost everything I had gained. We’re not very fortunate, that’s for

0 comments:

Post a Comment