Ads 468x60px

Friday 16 September 2011

info moto gp


De Puniet: “The bike is working

like it should”

aragon motorland pramac racing de puniet friday

It was a challenging day for Aragon’s technicians, who had to grapple with a blackout in the afternoon that ultimately caused the cancellation of the premier class’ second free-practice session. In the morning session, Randy De Puniet registered the sixth-best time and was first among all the Ducatis. Loris Capirossi finished with the 17th-best time in his first outing at the Motorland circuit.

Randy De Puniet:
“It’s a shame that we couldn’t go on track in the afternoon, as the morning session went very well. For a long time I’ve looked for such a good feeling with the bike; it’s strange, considering how differently things went at Misano. I’m satisfied. The bike is working like it should, and I want to repeat my performance tomorrow and Sunday.”

Loris Capirossi:
“It’s my first time at this circuit, and I must say that the track is beautiful, but difficult. This morning I tried to ride as much as possible, and unfortunately, this afternoon we were stuck in the garage. I’m optimistic anyway. The time that I did this morning shouldn’t be considered because I was trying to understand the track. I’m sure that I’ll go better tomorrow.”


Barberá sits twelfth after day one

aragon motorland mapfre aspar friday

Barberá suffered the setback of an electrical fault on his bike in the morning session, and having been limited to just thirteen laps he was looking forward to making progress in the afternoon session. However the untimely cancellation of FP2 left him twelfth on the time sheets, 1.7 seconds off the top, but with every confidence of a major step forward tomorrow.

Héctor Barberá:
"It was a strange day because with the cancellation of the second session you feel like you've been cut short. Even though I didn't do many laps this morning it was a productive session and the few laps I did were good ones. I was only four tenths off seventh place and I am not worried by our position today because with more track time I am sure we would have improved. I am enjoying myself a lot on the bike here - it suits my riding style and the Ducati, so I just want to keep working hard tomorrow and that's it. We had planned some set-up changes for this afternoon so we'll try those tomorrow and I am sure they'll be good."



0 comments:

Post a Comment