Ads 468x60px

Monday 19 September 2011

Elías out of luck on home soil

aragon motorland motogp race LCR

CR Honda MotoGP rider Toni Elías started from the 17th on the grid for the 23-lap Gran Premio de Aragón race but the Spaniard was expecting a different result at one of his home tracks.

The Spaniard lacked corner-exit drive during qualifying on Saturday, but took a very good start from the last row finishing the first lap in 9th position. Unfortunately the reigning Moto2 World Champion could not maintain the same pace for the whole race and his competitors caught him lap by lap. With 7 laps to go Elías and Capirossi collided and both crashed out of the race.

Toni Elías:
“Despite the crash I feel satisfied because I pushed hard for the whole race. Once again I had a very good start and the first laps I tried hard to follow the group. But, as has happened in the past races, I lacked traction control and the guys started to pass me. I couldn’t maintain the same pace and then Loris hit me with 7 laps to go. We both went out in the gravel, but I’m not angry because this is racing. I’m just happy we are both okay”.

0 comments:

Post a Comment